Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Project Garage Sale

As spring is finally showing it's face to the northern world, the itch is back.  No it's nothing contagious, I mean the spring clean and purge itch.  It's just the two of us and we have enough stuff to fill a two bedroom house and a quarter of my mom's basement {which she would like me to take back home with me after a cleaning session there this weekend!!}.  Sure if we had our own place (by that I mean own) that wouldn't require us to move all of said shit from one place to the next until we "settle down" it wouldn't be such an agent of stress, but until that time, I feel the need to 'simplify'.  I'm also very tempted to sell all our belongs to pay for the wedding....might regret that in the end.  On second thought, maybe not.  With this growing disgust of our cluttered lives and the appeal of a little extra cash, I've decided to undertake the venture of going through ALL our belongings and sort it into two piles; keep and sell.  Whatever continues to hinder us with it's presence after several attempts in the sell category, will be donated.  This venture has lovingly been labeled Project Garage Sale.     

        The tasks will range from sorting through ALL our clothing, books, dishes, and we can't forget the dreaded 'storage closet' and the very garage itself.  Everything we didn't immediately need went into the garage or the 'storage closet'.  Once in a while we'll have to go dig through one of these spaces to find a lost object but for the most part, aside from the usual garage contents (lawn and gardening tools, sports equipment, camping gear), we don't need any of the crap that is currently getting eaten, lived in and shit on by the small rodents that the dog would love to get her teeth on.  So I keep telling myself, Simplify, Simplify, SIMPLIFY!!  And that's what I intend to do.  Wish me luck!




And Happy Cinco De Mayo!  I'm celebrating with a tasty cranberry margarita and some Kale and Potato Enchilada's!  Oh and of course, homemade tortillas and chips!  MMMM!


Ps.  Was going to post a pic of the closet or the garage but you people don't want to see that, especially this close to dinner time.  Really, it's pretty gross, and a little overwhelming.  

1 comment: